Monday, October 13, 2008

The Von Bendheims

Last night we had dinner at my family's house. I love having my siblings home. Tanner is the only one away at school now, and this is the 2nd week he's been home this fall. I honestly don't think that there are many families that have siblings as close as the 4 of us. I don't know if it's something my parents did, or just the way us kids are. After dinner Redge wanted me to accompany him on the cello - so that's what started the evening of music. He and I went through Ave Maria and the family gathered. It was followed by Joshua playing Jolly Old Saint Nicholas on the piano, Tanner trying to find some song that would be fun and easy for him to learn on the piano - and finally Robin and Tanner breaking out the violin.
My parents have so many instruments under their roof - the question is... will they sponsor lessons??
I guess that over 20 years of sponsoring multiple lessons means they've already put in their time and money. And for 2 of us it's definitely paid off - and who knows what the future will be for the other two.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This sounds like so much fun. Can you only imagine the Davis side of the family all doing this? I think our "musical" ability is like our "singing" ability...disastrous!

jbel said...

love the "musicality" (n e SYTYCD/DWTS fans?) of your family- I can't wait til my girls are old enough to play instruments so we can have family jam sessions!