Saturday, June 11, 2011

Alisal

 
The Alisal is an amazing resort north of Santa Barbara that the whole Bendheim Family has been going to for years.  My dad, his 3 siblings, and their kids and grandkids.  The group is mainly adults as my cousin Peter and I are the only ones with kids.  He's got 2 year old twin girls.  But next year we will have my 4 kids, Peter's girls, Robins little girl, and Marci's little boy.  I'm super excited for more cousins for my kids to play with!  Joshua and Luke don't seem to notice the lack of kids though.  They are so used to being around adults, they just love all the aunt and uncle attention on them.  


This year we went from Friday - Thursday.  Almost a full week.  I thought it was going to be long, but it actually was perfect.  John wasn't going to be able to come up for very much of the trip, as he's been working a TON the last few months... But he surprised us by coming up on Sunday and staying all the way through Thursday!

Luke's favorite day was the day John took the boys fishing at the lake.  Luke talks about it all the time.  He even wishes he could have taken the fish home to eat.  In Montana we'll have to catch some fish off the dock that Luke can actually eat.  Both boys also loved going out to eat breakfast and dinner.  The love the social aspect and getting to order whatever they want.  It's amazing how much Joshua especially loves restaurants.  If he had it his way we'd always eat out.  The boys are completely easy at restaurants these days.  Caroline - not so much.  It's just to hard to keep her entertained.  So she and I usually only lasted 30 minutes max, then went back to the room.  I can see the light though - In a few years my kids will be all independent sitting at their own kids table and I'll be able to enjoy my dinner, just as everyone else is in the stage I'm in right now.
Caroline was water obsessed as she always is.  She could spend her whole day in the pool - at home and at Alisal.  She has no fear and LOVES to swim. Luckily she's got her Aunt Margo, who isn't afraid of water below jacuzzi temperature, to take her swimming!  No wonder Caroline loves Margot so much!


My kids sure live the sweet life thanks to vacations (Alisal and Montana) made possible through Grandparents!  Almost all my childhood memories are of vacations to La Jolla (I'm still morning the loss) and Montana/Canada.  My kids already live in anticipation of their vacations.  It's so awesome to see them so excited!

No comments: