Sunday, June 26, 2011

Joshua's Extended Family Birthday Party

 For Joshua's Birthday we told him he could have a family birthday party, and he kept correcting me that it was going to be an 'extended family party'.  So we had dinner, cake and a pinata with the Davis and Bendheim families.  

This picture of Caroline is so perfectly her.  She has her kitty stuffed in her belly pretending she is pregnant like all her aunts.  It's one of her favorite games!  If you ask her where the baby is she runs and gets her kitty to make a baby in her belly. 

 We were going to have all the uncles participate in the pinata batting as well.  But I forgot in the moment and it just ended up being my 3 kids plus James and Tanner.  By Joshua's 7th birthday he will have 5 more cousins and one more sibling to participate in the extended family party!  2 to 7 is an amazingly big jump!
 I know this picture of me is random.  But I have to comment on it.  When I first saw this picture I thought - 'Oh my goodness, Hair!'  I really have a love hate relationship with my hair.  I love that I only have to wash it twice a week.  I love that with a lot of blow dry effort it can look good and healthy.  I love my color (which surprises me) - and I don't care if everyone else doesn't love it - I still do.  I love it long.  Now what drives me nuts.  My goodness could my hair have any more textures, from ringlet curls, waves, frizz and silky straight, I've got it all in one head of hair.  This makes the not blown dry look - just not so nice.  I just wish my hair would choose to be curly or straight.  I'm just waiting for the pregnancy that convinces one texture to switch to the other side.  Next it takes me a good 25 minutes of WORK to blow dry my hair.  And even then I sometimes miss something and end up with bumpy waves in some portion.  This whole year I've been awesome about doing my hair (especially since I only have to do it twice a week).  Since we are 10 days into summer, and are constantly in the pool, I know that this summer my hair is going to be an air dried mess and I don't care.  Don't be scared when you run into me.

Not much to say about these three cuties.  Joshua sure does love spending time with his family (and friends).  Every morning he wakes up and asks me "Who are we going to see today?  Are we going to anyones' house?  Is anyone coming over?"  The question drives me nuts, but he's definitely a social guy. And he loves his adults almost more than kids.  He was the perfect kid to be the first and only grandchild for so long!

No comments: