Saturday, November 17, 2007

"It's Christmas Time over there"

All the shopping centers have put up their Christmas lights and decorations. Whenever Joshua sees them he says "Mommy, it's Christmas time over there!" He loves it. Thursday we went to the Christmas season opening celebration at the shopping center down the street from us and it was so much fun. They had Santa, face painting, balloons, lots of treats, and music and entertainment. Joshua just marched around dancing to the music looking for each store that had food out for him to grab.
Last night we went to the tree lighting at Fashion Island. Also fun - but not as good as Thursday. There were just SOOO many people there that it made it hard to see what was going on. But Joshua got an ice cream cone and got to ride the horsies. So it was worth it!

4 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I love the painted face and Luke's hat! Where did you get that?
I saw the tree being put in at fashion Island 2 weeks ago... I can' believe how many Christmas decorations are already up.

Dixons said...

Hey girl! You emailed me your blog a long time ago....I finally joined the blogging world. It's fun to see what people are up to! Your family is adorable! We went to Fashion Island Sat night as well, but a little later (since apparently church basketball takes priority in my home!). It'd be fun to double sometime. I think Dan and John would really get along--they are both sports junkies!

Roney Family said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I sure love the christmas holiday. But lately all I hear is, "oh yeah, I want to add this to my list, and that to my list" Its getting pretty long for all the kids. CHRISTMAS is the best.

Qwendykay said...

Did you go to the Enderle Center thing? I've always wanted to go to that.

My kids are loving the Christmas decorations, and keep asking me if it's Christmas morning yet!