Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Home Fun

This is an example of how much Joshua loves ranch dip. It is also an example of why not to leave your child alone with a bottle of ranch dressing within reach. Here is the boy, proud of his delicious creation. There was nothing left in the bottle.
This is my favorite. The boys have been at the piano constantly lately. I think it's because I've had a lot of music stuff going on, so they see me on it all the time. Joshua calls it "teaching piano". "Mommy can I teach piano?" I'm really impressed with Luke too. He will sit there as long as I will let him and play. And he's not just banging - he does a lot of one finger playing as well! If I had to predict, I'd say Luke was going to be the better musician. I love this picture though because Joshua looks like a pro, belting out song, and playing the keys.
And finally, the backyardigans and the pants. I bought these pants around Luke's birthday as one optional outfit for the party. They ended up wearing something else and these pants sat in my closet for months. Finally last Thursday I went to the mall to return them. I'd spent $35 on each pair. When I get up to the register the lady tells me they are on sell for $7. I'm stoked, I keep them, and get $56 dollars back on my credit card! Definitely a success. Here are the boys playing with Joshua's backyardigans circus. And if you can't tell, Joshua is in the middle of dance. And yes he is still obsessed with the backyardigans. Because of that, Luke is starting to get really excited every time I put the show on. Did I mention we have 44 episodes of backyardigans recorded?!


8 comments:

christina said...

Way to go with the sale price!
I love your everyday fun pictures, they are perfect.
Ada loves to make up songs and "play" the piano or get a beat on something. What she gets from me is rhythm, and singing. I am not surprised about your young musicians.

The last Unicorn said...

That is quite the deal on those pants! Maybe I can take back the sweater I got 2 Christmas' ago that I have yet to wear, but can't bring myself to put in the DI bag...
Joshua has the best dance moves ever!!!

mcwally said...

So those pants are not only a great deal -- they're memorable. They made one of my crazy pregnancy dreams! One of my kiddos was wearing them... I don't remember why or where but just that they were a gift from my mother-in-law ???? And then I dreamt I was an Olympic diver and the competition was off the pier.

I love it. Hope you are all weel!

jenniho ♥ said...

Looks like Joshua has takin' a cooking class from my husband. "Whatever it is put - Ranch dressing on it" Thats Todd's motto.

Roney Family said...

Love the ranch mess. Looks like the kids are having fun together. Boys are great!

Shandra and Christian said...

Cute pics! By the way, we updated our blog link: www.thehastingsproject.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

It doesn't help that the dressing just seems to fly out of those big bottles of ranch! I love the pants deal! Great that you got a price adjustment after so long! 44 episodes! My girls' tv obsession is Sesame Street and Elmo! Cute pics! Almost makes me want to try for a boy! Almost!

kori said...

I love the pic of the boys on the piano. It's super cute! Good post Brooke!