How could I not love this picture! In the middle of tickles, Joshua and my grandma (GiGi) are incredibly happy. We had GiGi and Redge over for dinner last week before Redge left for Montana. My grandma just adores the boys and could spend all evening watching and playing with them. She tells me she wishes that she could take care of them like she took care of us. She wants to be able to have them over for sleepovers, take them places, or even just pick them up. If only I'd had my kids 10 years ago...
My grandma was the best growing up. I have so many memories at her house. She lived in Rialto, so lots of visits were overnighters. She converted her garage into a family room where she kept special toys for us. She made doctors kits, and would fill pill boxes up with candies. She would let Robin and I play dress-up in her old make-up, blouses, jewelry, and high heels. She'd let us crawl into bed with her and read us books. She always had after dinner mints, which today are still a favorite of mine. And I can't forget the snow on the mountain cookies! Those are the yummiest! My grandma is the best they come.
Uncle Redge - our swimming buddy - now in Montana - greatly missed.
Joshua taking advantage of playtime with daddy. I've had to set boundaries with myself - the boys are no longer allowed to jump on me - I get way too beat up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
We have that rule, No Jumping On Mommy, but it is about to become no touching mommy.
that is awesome christina! some days i wish i could make that a rule too.
Post a Comment