Thursday, June 5, 2008

We're Old!

So my posts are about 2 weeks late on everything. I never even did show a picture of Joshua's backyardigans cake he loved so much! Anyway - May is the month of Birthdays. Joshua is the 12th, Uncle Brad the 14th, John the 24th, and Me the 27th. This year John is 32 and I'm 30. I'm feeling a little old, only because I remember 20 like it was yesterday - which means 40 will come all too soon! I'm not ready for that. John had to share his birthday with me - I spent the day at the spa with Dana, Lori, Kori, and Chelcie in preparation for Dana's wedding on 5/30. Then that night my students had their piano recital. Poor John. But at least he got a special birthday breakfast and the night before we went the Orange Hill Restaurant. My birthday was awesome. My mom took the kids for the day, she treated Robin and I to massages at The Spa, manicures and pedicures, a day of shopping at South Coast, and lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Mom for making it such a special day for me! You are the best! John and I got to go out to dinner that night - and he spent the afternoon working in the garage which is always an awesome gift to me. Here are the pretty flowers he brought home.
We celebrated with our family's on the 25th, all the birthdays. That's been the tradition for the past 4 years.
I'm excited for what this coming year is going to bring us... A long summer in Montana, a new nephew/cousin, a trip to Italy, which means the first time it has been just John and I alone for that long in 3 years! A white Christmas in Montana - and HOPEFULLY a Bendheim wedding! Come on Robin and Redge - find someone to date!!

4 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Wow Brooke - the big 3-0 huh? Happy wishes to you and John from moi. Your year sounds a lot more exciting then mine 4 sure! When are you planning on being in MT.? Hope to see you at some point! - cuzin jenny Oh yeah- Amen to the Robin and Redge comment. Tanner's probably gonna beat them to it!

kori said...

You are not old!!! that pic of you, john and brad is super cute.

christina said...

What a wonderful birthday!

Roney Family said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had an amazing day. How nice to be without kids for the day!!! Must have been awesome!