Monday, June 2, 2008

Poor Guy

My little Luke has been a bit annoying as of late. When he's happy he's so adorable. He gives cuddles, he loves to clap his hands - and tries to roll them, he gives huge smiles to everyone he knows, and he loves to bang on the piano. Sometimes he will even go play by himself in the playroom for 45 minutes. But when he's not happy he just crawls around the house doing a complaining cry. The past couple of days it seems like he's been doing so much complaining - and it's been driving both John and I nuts! Then last night in the bath we finally figured out why this kid has been so upset! He kept pulling on his privates in the bath and John kept getting mad at him because he could tell he was hurting himself. Then when I took him out to get him dressed in his pj's I figured out that what we thought was a diaper rash on his privates was actually eczema. The poor kid was going crazy because of the itch. I can't imagine how annoying that is for him! I don't know what the deal is with both my kids and eczema. It's genetic so they obviously get it from us - but neither of us have eczema. Anyway - we already had the cream - so hopefully in a couple of days he'll be smiling more and complaining less.

4 comments:

Qwendykay said...

YIKES!!! Mr. Boy is the Prince Of Eczema. Ugh.. I feel for you. It's not fun at all. I have the best body wash and soap to use... It's Mustela Stellatopia Wash... you can get it at Babies R Us or Nordstroms. It's expensive-ish..but so awesome. No soap for us.. just that. If you need other tips..I've got a ton to prevent... we've tried EVERYTHING under the sun.

Roney Family said...

Poor thing, that is rough! We have friend with a little one and they have to tape his hands with socks because he itchy's so much. Hope he starts to feel better! Have you tried to give him an oatmeal bath?

BreAnna said...

oh poor guy, that must be miserable, at least you guys knew pretty quick what it was, hopefully he is feeling better soon!

kori said...

Sad. I feel so bad for little Lukey. Hopefully he feels better soon.