
So Joshua has never been one to chill by himself. Ever since he was a baby he has always wanted to be entertained by me. And he's still that way. Every once in a while he'll go in his play room and play by himself and John and I are scared to move - thinking if he notices us he'll realize he's all alone. So that means in the mornings when I'm blow drying my, hair he's right there with me - or in this picture when John is getting ready for church, Joshua is right there with him. He loves to put on Johns shoes and walk around the house.
So I'm honestly scared that Luke is going to be the same way. I find myself hiding from him because if he sees me while he's in his jumperoo or elsewhere he'll immediately start crying. But if he can't see me - he's good for a while.
So I walk into the living room and there's Joshua - he put himself into Luke's swing and started swinging. It was hilarious. The funny thing is he's only about 8 pounds heavier than Luke - so he's probably not even too big for the swing!
4 comments:
When I first read the title of your post... I was a little worried what the topic was going to be! I know lots of kids who play alone... but can't say what my kids do since I have none. I love that pic of Joshua in the swing! I can't believe he is only 8lbs heavier than Luke. I love that little chunk :)
Brooke-I really feel like it has a lot to do with the fact that he is a first child. Cameron use to bring his toys where I was and sit right infront of me and play. He could never be alone. I think that plays a major part in that. I think they feel lonely. And as they have siblings, it gets a little better. Now, with the fourth, she will wander wherever she wants and play by herself. And, there usually always is someone around because there are so many.
What great pictures! (Of course you do have great subjects.) Your boys are so cute. I bet when Luke gets a little older, he and Joshua will play together...or is it fight with each other? (My boys did both!) Love your blog!
He used to play by himself, but as of late, he really wants to be entertained. It's driving me crazy! He needs a sibling to entertain him.
Post a Comment