Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good Bye to Big Bop

Johns Grandpa, Big Bop to Joshua, passed away on Thursday. We are happy for him, because he had had a rough past few weeks - but will miss the spirited man he was. I remember shortly after I married John, I was at the dealership for a potluck lunch. I was sitting across from Johns Grandpa - we must have been talking about singles wards - because he told us that if Grandma passed, he'd definitely start going to the singles ward. Joshua just loved Big Bop. He started calling Bob (John's Dad) and my dad "Bop "- I still don't know where he got it from - then last Christmas we walked into the great grandparents house and Joshua looked straight at Lamont and said "Biiiiig Bop" and he was Big Bop from there on out.

This is the Day we brought Joshua home from the hospital. Joshua's middle name is LaMont after his great grandpa whose full name is Jonathan Lamont Davis.


Last Christmas Grandma and Grandpa tried to get a picture with their great grandsons for their Christmas Card - The one they sent out was pretty funny - Two smiling grandparents and 3 crying toddlers.

4 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

We're so sad about Grandpa Davis. Our thoughts are with you and Grandma Davis.

The last Unicorn said...

That picture taking experience was hilarious!!! Grandpa lived for those kind of moments. This is a great post... thanks for the tribute!

BreAnna said...

brooke this is so sweet, he really was a huge influence on so many wasn't he. I loved that christmas picture too, what a classic christmas photo. I am glad to find your blog so I can keep up with your cute family. take care

Nancy said...

Brooke, I love this. I especially love the story you told about dad and the "singles ward!" I can just hear him saying that. He could always make you laugh. I think Joshua had the best name of all for him...BIG BOP! Nancy