Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fresno and the Patricios

I finally - after a year of saying I would - made it up to Fresno to visit Ashely and family. John had to work so it was just me and the boys. Everyone told me I was crazy for taking the boys on a four hour car ride by myself. Honestly it wasn't that bad. Luke had his moments, on the way up that including 60 minutes of constant crying, but overall I can't complain. The way home was a breeze. I'd say maybe 15 minutes total of crying. I'm not saying I'd be willing to brave the Montana drive, but I could do Fresno again. So Ashley and I were pregnant together and her little girl Taylor is just a month younger than Luke.
Taylor is super cute and has had that much hair or more since she came out. Luke seems like a slug next to her - she's moving all over the place rolling around.
Ashley and Garrett took us to a pumpkin patch, a real one where the pumpkins are actually growing out of the ground. I think it was lots of fun for Joshua. Joshua is in this annoying (or precious) mamas boy stage. It is driving me a little crazy. The whole weekend he was literally clinging on my leg. "I want you mommy" was his constant phrase. I hated that the Patricios couldn't see him at his cutest. I know it's just a phase though - and before I know it I'll be missing his attachment to me.

They had a tractor pulling this train made of - I'm not quite sure what - could you help me with that Garrett?Thanks guys for a great weekend. It was great to hang out and your house is amazing! And of course your daughter is adorable, happy, and energetic. Love you!

3 comments:

Dana and Chase said...

luke keeps getting bigger and bigger! I cant wait to see you guys this weekend~ and i am impressed that you drove all by yourself! your one patient mom brooke!

Roney Family said...

That is so awesome that you got to go and see her. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Her baby is adorable! You are very brave for doing that. Something I definetly could never do!!!

Ashley Patricio said...

It was so much fun to have you in Fresno. I wish we lived closer...maybe someday;) Thanks for making the long trip up here to visit, you are one brave girl and a great friend ! Love you and those adorable little boys too!