Sunday, October 21, 2007
Nursery
What do I do. Joshua has been in nursery for a year now - as have I. That's right, John and I have been in nursery with Joshua this entire year! I have a 2 1/2 year old who can't attend by himself. He went the very first week last year by himself, then hasn't done it since. And honestly it's getting worse not better! The routine we've worked out is Luke and I go to sunday school while Johns in nursery with Joshua, then we switch for the 3rd hour. I like it that way becuase then at least I get a snack! Joshua starts talking about how he's not going to go to nursery on Sunday morning when he realizes it's church day - then it develops into you're coming too. We've tried letting him cry - but he doesn't stop and when a leader tries to comfort him it just gets worse. We've tried bribery, but there's no way a sucker is worth going to nursery alone in his mind. My mom said that when I was going into nursery I was timid too. She said Marsha Gilpin - the leader - started coming over to our house a couple of days a week and would bring me treats. I don't know of any nursery leader who would do that today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
That is such a bummer. Well look at it this way, all your kids arent going to be like that. Peyton walked around the church and found a random nursery and went into it. I finally found her and called of the search for the lost baby. But none of my kids cared except for the first. Good luck with that girl. I just think you need to remain strong and let him stay in. It's actually really good for him.
Post a Comment