Saturday, April 5, 2008

Brian Head

We went to Brian Head last weekend with the Davis'. I feel like this is old news because it's been on my sister-in-laws blogs for a week. But I must document as well. So we drove 8 hours in the car... which wasn't bad on the way up. But after the way back, there is no way I'm taking another road trip with a 1 year old. Luke did not sleep at all, and spent a LARGE portion of the journey home balling. He is SO stubborn! Maybe that's why I couldn't write the Lukey is 1 update, I was still mad at him for the car ride home! Anyway Joshua loved the snow. Especially eating it. We'd been counting down for 2 months and he was so excited to go. Two days before we left I asked him "Joshua, when are we going to the snow?" He responded without interruption, "In two days.... I'm two just like the snow... and my head is like a snow ball." It cracked me up! I just hung out with the boys for the days we were there. Mostly because I'm not one for the cold. I gave up skiing when I was 15, and I think it would take a mighty warm winter day to get me to take it back up.
Lukey enjoying his few minutes in the snow. This kid gets cold really easy. His nose was red and his feet purple after being out there 10 minutes.
Kori, the one who is bring a cousin into Joshua and Luke's childhood - YEAH!!!!!!!!! - obviously couldn't ski, so she hung out with us. Here she is being the awesome aunt that she is, building a snowman with Joshua and Addison (the Clayson's were there too).

6 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Addison looks like she blends in with the snow! Those are some good pics... can't wait to see more. I think Joshua is really due for a smile update.

mama becky said...

Brooke you and I need to ski together!(of course on a warm day) I make everyone who go skiing with me look like an expert!

mama becky said...

Actually it's me Jenny who is commenting - I'm just working on a Blog for my mom - trying to get her into it!

Ashley Patricio said...

Looks like a fun trip to the snow. You are a trooper road tripping with two little ones.

Roney Family said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love the snow pictures!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

you are definitely a ca girl! :)